White Chocolate Bath Melts
- 50g (1.8oz) Cocoa Butter,
- 25ml (0.8 fl oz) Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon neem oil
- Around 10 drops essential oil or fragrance (optional)
(The cocoa butter has a naturally rich chocolate aroma which would go well with Rose, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, Lavender or even Grapefruit oils. Chocolate or vanilla would both be great fragrance options too).
You will also need:
- Chocolate moulds or an ice cube tray
1. Shave cocoa butter into small pieces and flakes using a large, sharp knife (or you could use a grater).
2. Bring about 1 1/2 cups of water (1″ depth of water or so) to boil in the saucepan and let it simmer at a low temperature.
3. Place the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and neem oil in a bowl over the saucepan and stir until melted. I like to prop the bowl up on a spoon so steam can escape easily from the side.
4. Take the melted oils off the heat and add the essential oil (if using).
5. Pour into moulds and let them set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
6. Once set, gently remove from moulds and store in a cool,dry place.
These have a tendency to melt (similar to chocolate) in warmer temperatures and can stick together too. I store mine in an airtight jar in the refrigerator
How to use:
Simply drop one or two into a warm bath and enjoy. I usually add a cup or two of epsom salt as well.
These can make the bath pretty slippery so please be really careful. Use a good quality bath mat and add the melts after you’ve gotten into the bath so that you don’t slip getting in. It’s a really good idea to give the bath a quick wipe around after you’ve finished to remove the oil too. I just use a cleaning cloth with some cheap face cleanser or shower gel.
- Aileen Vazquez