Neem Oil Fly Spray for Farm Animals
Fly spray for horses or cattle can be expensive. Creating your own fly spray by using Neem oil reduces the cost, allows you to tailor the mix to your animal's needs, and is all-natural. This may be a very effective fly spray.
Things You'll Need
- 2 cups vinegar
- Water to fill 32oz
- 1 TBSP. Neem oil (or Neem Extract)*
- 1/2 tsp. essential oil of garlic or tea tree (optional)**
- Spray bottle
- If a healing effect is needed, replace the vinegar with Aloe Vera Juice and the Garlic EO with Lavender EO.
*The Neem Oil will separate, so this needs to be shaken before and during each use. The Neem Extract will not separate but is not as effective as the oil.
**The garlic essential oil will increase the effects of the formula but it works well without also.
- Remove the nozzle from an old fly spray bottle or a commercially bought spray bottle. Insert a funnel.
- Pour 2 cups of vinegar into the bottle, using the funnel. You can use either apple-cider, distilled vinegar or for healing use Aloe Vera Juice. Add 1 cup of water.
- Add the 1 TBSP Neem Oil.
- Replace the nozzle and shake. It makes about 32 ounces of fly spray, which is the typical size of a bottle of commercial fly spray.
- APC Collaborator