About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
A healthy heart and a health lifestyle go hand-in-hand. These 8 simple rules can help create a great foundation for good heart health.
- Stop smoking NOW.
- Eat Better- 80% plant based whole foods. Less fried foods. NO junk foods
- Dot the "e" word. Yep! that would be exercise. Find something you can enjoy. Dance to music, walk in the fresh air, bounce on a mini tramp. Yoga, pilates and more...
- Lose the extra weight! By doing #2 and #3 you will be absolutely amazed at how the weight will drop on its own.
- Kick the sugar habit. Yes! kick it across the room and out the door. Clean the pantry, the fridge and the freezer. Better to be in the garbage than in your body.
- Take an Omega supplement or eat fish on a regular basis.
- Take a good heart supplement as an added protection for your heart health.
- Stay positive! It's proven that a positive attitude can help your heart health in so many ways.