Raw Cocoa Butter Recipes
DIY: Homemade Cocoa Butter Body Butter
What you will need: 1 lb Raw Cocoa Butter, 16 oz Organic Coconut Oil, 1 lb Raw unrefined Shea butter.
- Melt about 2 cups of Raw cocoa butter on the stove.
- Melt about 2-3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil into the melted cocoa butter. Keep it on medium heat, you want to melt it. Not boil it.
- Stir in a heaping spoon of Shea butter, if you have it. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Stir it all up, pour into whatever container you have handy. Then throw it into the freezer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix together again with a handheld mixer. (You really want your butter to come out of the freezer as it’s just about to turn and not a moment after. Otherwise, you won’t be able to whip it into the final product using a handheld mixer)
How to Make a Natural Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
What you will need: 1 cup Raw Cocoa Butter, 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Oil, 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Fill the bottom pan of your double boiler with an inch or two of water and set the shallow pan on top. Add the cup of unrefined cocoa butter and the 1/2 a cup of coconut oil to the top pan. Set the boiler on your stove's burner at medium-low heat, stirring occasionally with a spoon until the cocoa butter becomes completely liquefied. Check and refill the boiler to maintain a consistent water level, as needed.
- Stir in your extra-virgin olive oil. Olive oil caters to dry skin and serves as an anti-aging agent, due to its antioxidant, polyphenol and squalene content.
- Allow the pan to cool, then chill the mixture in the refrigerator until it firms. This process sometimes takes many hours, so check the pan regularly -- remove it from the fridge before it solidifies.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender. Blend at high speed, pulsing in roughly 10-second intervals, until it takes on a fluffy, light texture, similar to a very thick whipped cream.
- Scoop the whipped body lotion into a glass jar and seal the jar. If your house stays moderately cool, you can store it at room temperature, ideally in a dark place. Otherwise, keep the jar refrigerated in a warmer section of the fridge.
Raw Cocoa Butter
Raw Shea Butter
For educational purposes only
*FDA DISCLAIMER -These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.